STRI is the largest independent sports turf consultancy in the world and is rapidly expanding its resources, research facilities and services to meet the demands of our clients within the sports and amenity sector.
This is a unique opportunity to join STRI, who carry out research into every aspect of sports and natural surface design, performance and maintenance. Our services are delivered to an extensive client base including sporting bodies, such as FIFA and The R&A, and many companies producing products for use in sports turf preparation and maintenance.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic individual to join us to help maintain our sports surfaces to the high standard required for research trials. Reporting to the Grounds and Facilities Manager, you would be responsible for organising works from construction to seed bed preparation, maintenance and renovation of trial areas for all sports. This role may require some overnight stays.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will be both flexible and focused, with a genuine interest in sport/s and have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified at Level 2/3 Horticulture & Sports Turf Management
- PA1 and PA6 qualified (PA2 would be beneficial)
- Good knowledge in the use and servicing of maintenance equipment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Effective planning and time management skills
- General administrative skills
- Full driver’s licence
- Competitive salary – dependent upon experience and qualifications
- Private pension scheme
- Annual leave entitlement of 19 days, plus bank holidays and Christmas leave (usually 3 days)
The closing date for applications is Sunday 5th June 2016 with interviews being held on Thursday 9th June 2016 at STRI. If you would like an informal discussion regarding this role please contact Ian Anderson, Grounds and Facilities Manager on 01274 565131.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send a covering letter and CV to Ian Anderson, STRI, St Ives Estate, Bingley, West Yorkshire, BD16 1AU or email email@example.com.