The Head of People is a strategic leadership role responsible for the development and delivery of human resources and talent management strategies that support our vision and commercial objectives.
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive HR strategy for each area of the Group’s business.
- Provide strategic guidance on organisational design, resource planning, recruitment and retention.
- Ensure our approach in global entities meets all in-country requirements and is culturally sound.
- Champion diversity initiatives, working to create an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Recruitment and retention:
- Drive awareness and develop a strong employer brand for the Group, enabling us to become an employer of choice in appropriate fields. This includes attendance at recruitment fairs and managing relationships with local schools, colleges and universities.
- Lead the recruitment process for all Group entities, working in partnership with the recruiting manager. This includes advertising, sourcing, interviewing and placing highly effective team members.
- Appoint and manage recruitment consultants/agencies where required.
- Implement effective onboarding and development programmes to support employee growth and retention.
- Encourage a positive and inclusive culture that encourages collaboration, innovation, and peer to peer support.
- Work alongside Head of Marketing and the Employee Council to develop and implement employee engagement initiatives and feedback processes
- Performance management:
- Oversee performance management processes, including key performance indicators, personal development plans and performance evaluations.
- Support managers in addressing performance issues and provide coaching and development opportunities.
- Ensure consistency of performance management through leadership collaboration, to enable the fair delivery of a performance related bonus scheme when Group performance allows.
- Support marketing team in delivery of a robust internal communications plan.
- Manage HR operations, including benefits administration, holiday and absence management and payroll(?).
- Ensure all HR processes are efficient, compliant, and aligned to best practice.
- Handle employee relations matters, investigations, and conflict resolution.
- Manage leaver processes and exit interviews, using results to implement improvements if required.
- Ensure legal compliance with employment law and regulations.
Learning and development:
- Lead development of the STRI Academy to deliver technical and soft skills training, as well as a knowledge a sharing platform for all areas of the Group.
- Collaborate with department heads to identify training and development needs and align these to the academy delivery schedule.
- Regularly review training needs across the Group, and opportunities for internal development to aid retention.
- 22 days holiday (including three day Christmas closure), which increases over time
- 5.25% employer pension contribution
- Group life assurance
- Group income protection insurance
- Free parking on site
- Free tea, coffee and fruit
- Regular social events
- Wellbeing support programme, including access to face-to face counselling
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and separate covering letter to email@example.com